Google has just rolled out the factory image for the third preview build of Android N for Motorola Nexus 6 and 6P devices. The latest build features a bunch of stability and performance improvements over the previous releases.
Interested users can go ahead and install the factory image of Android N Preview 3 on their Nexus 6 or 6P, using the step-by-step guide posted below.
Key Points to Remember
- The download links and instructions provided in this guide are limited to Google Nexus 6 and Nexus 6P device only. Attempting this procedure on any other device could inadvertently brick or permanently damage the device.
- Ensure USB debugging is enabled on the device via Developer Options section. If the option is hidden or disabled, go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number. Now the USB debugging option should be accessible under Settings.
- Make sure that you have backed up all your important data as this process will wipe out all user data on the phone during the factory reset process.
- Verify that the phone has at least 80% battery charge, just to prevent unexpected device shutdown during the installation process.
How to install and configure Android SDK
- Download Android SDK package and install it on your computer
- Now open the SDK installation directory, locate SDK manager.exe and launch it
- Download the necessary SDK packages and USB drivers via SDK Manager
- Browse and locate the freshly created platform-tools folder. It should be inside the SDK installation directory.
How to install Android N Preview 3 factory image on Nexus 6 or 6P
- Download the Android N factory image from the download links provided.
- Once the download is complete, you can extract the archived files on your PC to the platform-tools folder.
- Power off the Nexus device.
- Boot the device into Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Without selecting any fastboot options just leave the Fastboot main menu opened on your phone's screen.
- Plug-in your device to the computer via USB cable.
- Go to platform-tools folder and start the Factory Image installation by double-clicking on the flash-all.bat script. Then confirm the flashing process. Leave the screen alone until all the files are installed.
- Once the installation is done, you will get a confirmation alert in the command prompt window.
- Disconnect the device from computer when the installation finishes.
[Source: Android Geeks]