Muslims across the globe will celebrate Eid al-Fitr to mark the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. This year, Eid al-Fitr, known in Singapore as Hari Raya Puasa, is expected to be on 25 June, depending on the sighting of the new moon.
The three-day festival, commonly abbreviated to Eid, marks the end of the month-long fasting during Ramadan, which began on 26 May this year. The observation of the month of Ramadan marks the anniversary of the Quran being revealed to Prophet Mohammed.
Fasting during Ramadan is one of the five pillars of Islam along with belief, worship, charitable donation and the pilgrimage to Mecca. Eid al-Fitr, popularly called the Festival of Fast-Breaking, falls on the first day of Shawwal, the 10th month in the Islamic lunar calendar.
Eid al-Fitr begins with morning prayers and is followed by feasting and celebrations among family and friends. Some Muslims also celebrate the festival by wearing new clothes, giving each other gifts and decorating their homes. Eid al-Fitr is one of the two biggest Muslim holidays of the year. The other major holiday is Eid al-Adha, the festival of sacrifice. On this occasion, IBTimes Singapore has compiled a list of messages that you can share with your near and dear ones.
- I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Selamat Prosperous Hari-Raya Aidilfitri to all my Muslim friends.
- Eid Mubarak. May This Eid insha'Allah. Be A Source Of Immense Blessing. Along With Joy and Happiness For You And Your Family. Hari Raya Puasa 2016!
- Hari Raya And Aidilfitri. I Pray To Allah For You, May millions of lamps illuminate your life with endless joy, Today, Tomorrow and Forever!
- Fakh-Dili Or Khushiyon Ki Rat H. Ye Rat Na 2 Garm H aOr Na Hi Thandi. Is Rat Ki Subho Ka Sooraj Intehain Surkh.
- As You Pray To Allah, And Offer Your Sacrifices, In The True Spirit Of Eid-ul-adha, Here's Hoping That All Your Wishes, Be Fulfilled And Prayers Be Granted! Aameen & Happy Eid.
- May Allah's Rahmat shine upon you and your family on Hari Raya ....And your home be filled with happiness and good cheer.
- Hari Raya And Aidilfitri. I Pray To Allah For You, May millions of lamps illuminate your life with endless joy, Today, Tomorrow and Forever. Allahu Akbar..!