Deepavali (also spelt as Diwali) is one of the most important Hindu festivals, which is celebrated every year in autumn across the globe. The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and hope over despair.
Deepavali is a Sanskrit word which has been derived from 'Deepa' meaning light and 'avali' means in a line or series. Hence, it is a festival of lights.
People place diyas or candles on housetops, outside doors and windows, and around temples. They wear new clothes and worship Goddess Laxmi for wealth and prosperity. In same places, Goddess Kali is worshipped on this festival. People burst crackers and distribute sweets to celebrate the festival of light.
On the day of festival, people also send wishes and gifts to their family members and close friends. We have compiled a new collection of sweet Deepavali messages for you. Have a look.
- The sun does not shine there, nor do the moon and the stars, nor do lightning shine? All the lights of the world cannot be compared even to a ray of the inner light of the Self. Merge yourself in this light of lights and enjoy the supreme Deepavali.
- With gleam of diyas and the echo of the chants, may happiness and contentment fill your life. Wishing You & Your Family very Happy and Prosperous Deepavali!
- Paying respects to the gods, and decorating for them the Thali, this is what the occasion is all about, this is the spirit of Deepavali.
- May the joy, cheer, mirth and merriment of this divine festival surround you forever. May the happiness, which this Deepavali season brings lasts forever.
- Fortunate is the one who has learned to admire, but not to envy. Good wishes for a joyous Deepavali and a Happy New Year with plenty of peace and prosperity.
- Another year will be over, another year will come. I hope and pray that the lights of Diwali illuminate the new chapter of your life. Happy Deepavali!
- Light a lamp of love! Blast a chain of sorrow! Shoot a rocket of prosperity! Fire a flowerpot of happiness! Wish you and your family a Happy Deepavali.
- May the festival of lights be the harbinger of joy and prosperity. As the holy occasion of Deepavali is here and the atmosphere is filled with the spirit of mirth and love, here's hoping this festival of beauty brings your way, bright sparkles of contentment, that stay with you through the days ahead. Best wishes on Deepavali.
- Happiness is in air, it's Deepavali everywhere. Let's show some love and care and wish everyone out there Happy Deepavali.
- This Deepavali let us give thanks for all we hold dear: Our health, our family, our friends and to the grace of God which never ends.
- O Ram! The light of lights, the self-luminous inner light of the self is ever shining steadily in the chamber of your heart. Sit quietly. Close your eyes. Withdraw the senses. Fix the mind on this supreme light and enjoy the real Deepavali, by attaining illumination of the soul.
- May this Diwali be packed with wealth and calmness and love and happiness which don't come to an end.