Halloween, the scary holiday which is also known as All Hallows Eve, is upon us! The day is celebrated with much fervour on 31 October every year.
The holiday was inspired by the Irish Celtic festival Samhain, which celebrates the end of the harvest season. On the occasion, IBTimes Singapore has hand picked top quotes for Halloween 2016.
- "Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble." - William Shakespeare
- "Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody." - Mark Twain
- "A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween." - Erma Bombeck
- "Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative." - Judy Gold
- "Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story." - Mason Cooley
- "If human beings had genuine courage, they'd wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween." - Douglas Coupland
- "I wasn't allowed to have sugar as a kid. We didn't have candy or soda or anything, so Easter and Halloween were my favorite times 'cause I could eat as much candy as I wanted." - Kaley Cuoco
- "I hate Halloween. I hate dressing up. I hate - I wear wigs, makeup, costumes every day. Halloween is like, my least favorite holiday." - Amy Poehler
- "I was kind of a dark kid. I loved Halloween, and I loved vampires and the black and white old monster movies." - Joe Manganiello
- "I love scary movies. I like blood and gore, and I love Halloween movies." - Carrie Underwood