Father's Day is almost here and we are sure that all of you would love to wish your beloved fathers with sweet messages to make him feel more special. Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June and this year it falls on June 18. On this day, people across the globe celebrate the unconditional love of a father that is showered upon us each day.
Unlike Mother's Day, there are different accounts that describe the history and origin of the day dedicated for fatherhood. The day originated in the US and has been celebrated on the third Sunday in June since 1966, when President Lyndon B Johnson issued the first proclamation honouring fathers. President Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1972. However, one of the first observances took place in 1908 in Fairmont, West Virginia, at the local church, to honour the 361 men killed in the Monongah Mining disaster at the end of 1907.
Inspired by Anna Jarvis' work to establish Mother's Day two months earlier, Grace Golden Clayton initiated efforts to celebrate male parenting by campaigning for her father and other men, who were killed in the mining accident, to be honoured in a service. But it did not gain the prominence at that time.
In 1910, Sonora Dodd, from Spokane in Washington, began to campaign for a Father's Day after hearing a Mother's Day sermon. Dodd successfully campaigned for Father's Day to be formally recognized with the help of her local church. Initially, the day was observed in her hometown, but later several towns across the US started celebrating Father's Day.
Although U.S. President Lyndon B Johnson had proclaimed Father's Day a national holiday in 1966; but it was officially signed as a federal holiday by then president Richard Nixon in 1972. IBTimes Singapore has compiled a list of 10 best Father's Day messages which can be dedicated to fathers around the world.
- I might have fought million times with you, but I knew all you wanted was to see me happy always. Thank you for being a best dad for me. Happy Father's Day.
- Thanks for acting like a kid when I was a kid, acting like a friend when I needed a friend, and acting like a parent when I needed one. You are the best man I know. Happy Father's Day.
- You were always there to take care of me when I wanted your support the most. Thank you dad. Happy Father's Day.
- When I did something naughty, you supported me. When I pranked you, you played to make me happy. Now, without you in this world, I feel so lonely. Miss you a lot father. Please be my father in my next birth too.
- You are too awesome as a father and as my best friend. I love you now and always. Happy Father's Day.
- Mom has told many times that I was the most naughtiest girl in our family. Thank you dad for suffering me throughout. You are the best. Happy Father's Day.
- You are definitely the best thing that happened in my life. You are a good husband, a great father and the greatest grandpa. Happy Father's Day pa.
- I might not call you each and every day, but you are always in my thoughts. Sorry for living miles away from you and for not spending your special day together at home. Wishing you all the greetings of Father's Day.
- Thank you dad for guiding me and making me a better person. You will and always be my strength. Thinking of you itself makes me strong enough to take wise decisions in my life. You are the best pa. Happy Father's Day.
- For all those big and small things you do, For being so wonderful man, You deserve the best kind of Father's Day. So just relax and have fun. Celebrate the day being you. Happy Father's Day.