Eid al-Fitr will fall this week, marking the end of 30 days of fasting by Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan. This year, Eid al-Fitr, known in Singapore as Hari Raya Puasa, is expected to be on 5 or 6 July, depending on the sighting of the new moon.
On the occasion, IBTimes Singapore has picked up the top ten quotes from the Quran to celebrate Eid al-Fitr:
- "He is the One GOD; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, Most Wise." - Quran 59:24
- "Their reward at their Lord is the gardens of Eden with flowing streams, wherein they abide forever. GOD is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him. Such is the reward for those who reverence their Lord." - [98:8]
- "Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." - [7:199]
- "Those who believed and led a righteous life are the best creatures." - [98:7]
- "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)" [11:55-56]
- "You will not attain righteousness till you spend in charity of the things you love."
[The Qur'an, Chapter 3, verse 92]
- "And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him" [al-Talaaq 65:3]
- "A man has sinned enough if he neglects to feed those in need." [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V3N100]
- "The best charity is that given to a relative who does not like you." [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V3N100]
- "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allah's is the most regular and constant even though it were little." [Prophet Muhammad (s) as narrated by A'isha (ra) in Sahih Bukhari, vol. 8, hadith 471]