Dussehra or Vijay Dashami, the Hindu festival signifying the triumph of good over evil will be marked on 11 October. It is one of the most popular festivals in the Hindu culture and is widely celebrated across the globe.
According to the historical beliefs and most famous Hindu scripture, the Ramayana, it is believed that Lord Rama killed the ten-headed Ravana on this day to free his wife Sita from the demon's captivity.
Many people of the Hindu faith observe Dussehra through special prayer meetings and food offerings to the gods at home or in temples throughout India. They also hold outdoor fairs and large parades with effigies of Ravana that are burnt on bonfires in the evening.
On the ocassion, IBTimes Singapore has hand picked top text messages to share with your family and friends.
- May all the evil you face vanish by the virtue of the goodness around you. Happy Dusshera!
- Fill your heart with joy and brighten you day with smile and happiness! Happy Vijay Dashami!
- May this festive season bring lots of joy to all of you. Happy Dusshera with Love, Happiness and Joy.
- On this auspicious day of Dusshera wishing you all the love, happiness and prosperity.
- May this day bring with itself joy and laughter, a delight to savour. Wishing you a very Happy Dussehra!
- Best wishes to you for a Dusshera filled with sweet moments and memories to cherish for life. Happy Dusshera!
- May God bless you with all success on the auspicious occasion of Dussehra.
- Dussehra signifies the victory of good over evil. Wish you success and happiness in everything you do! Happy Dusshera!